From:
Ann Hehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:59:44 -0500
My 4 1/2 year old female, Cinnamon has had generalized hair loss over her
body.  She has a history of left adrenal carcinoma, tumor removed in 7/98.
Also has history of enlarged lymph nodes.  We do not know if this is
lymphoma or not as we have not biopsied the nodes.  My thoughts were why
put her through a biopsy if I did not intend to treat her with chemo if
they were positive.  She has been on 3 mgs of pred 1xday for about a year.
So far that is stablized.  She is otherwise healthy, eats, drinks, poops
and does her normal ferrety things.  The hair loss has been in the past
6-8 weeks or so, very gradual.  Did not notice a big difference until a
few weeks ago because her coat has never been the thickest of coats.  My
question, it looks like the right adrenal gland is affected.  My vet does
not think she is a good surgical risk because of her history and I agree
with his assessment.  I have provided him with the Lupron information and
he spoke with Dr Weiss today about it.  He said he thought it would be good
for her.  Anyone else out there have any input into this?  Anyone who has
had Lupron treatment for their fuzzy like to share with me what they think
given the background I have provided.  I need to make a decision soon as it
will be cold her soon and she will need a sweater if her fur does not grow
back.  Thanks in advance for anyone's input and kiss your fuzzies.

You can respond to my e-mail or to the list.

Ann and my joys, Cinnamon, Jillian and Sabrina