Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 06:33:07 -0700
>From:    "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Anyway...my husband and I just moved to St.  Petersburg, Florida after
>losing our jobs last month in Indiana.  While the business is in fine
>health right now, I would like to immediately line up a local vet for
>the run of the mill care....
>
>Additionally...is there a ferret club around here?  Hello to all and I
>look forward to re-familiarizing myself with the FML.

Hi,

You wouldn't happen to be the Jaclyn who used to live in Vero Beach with
a pilot husband (and yourself?) and babysat my ferrets for me while I was
staying with my parents in Ft. Pierce, would you?

I don't know of any clubs in the area - quite a shame since there do seem
to be a lot of ferrets!

As for a vet - there is a super one in Winter Haven.  She works with
several ferret shelters, is quite experienced, and her prices are pretty
good.  She even has a cryo unit!  And - she answers her own emergency
(after hours) phone!  Her info:

Dr. Mitsie Vargas
Orchid Springs Animal Hospital
615 Overlook Drive
Winter Haven
863-324-6964

Winter Haven is probably around an hour, maybe a bit more for you, but
it's worth the drive.  She's good for routine and emergency-type care.
She does insulinoma and adrenal surgeries, etc.

Feel free to contact me!  I'd love to get together sometime!

Kim VanderLaan
Lakeland