From:
Jennifer Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:09:09 -0700
Pat,

Sorry to hear the news, but thank you SO MUCH for all your time, expense,
and effort!

What a disheartening situation.  You and all the others who routinely
struggle for ferret legalization in California have been and continue to
be in my thoughts.

I agree that democracy is now nothing but hypocrisy--this county has
been taken over by the most corrupt capitalists who manipulate and
intimidate us (and the few remaining 'not-so-bad' politicians!).  The
ignorance/smear campaigns are sickening.  I am sorry things are so low
right now.  Thank goodness for ferrets.  Even under seriously adverse
conditions, they are such shinning stars!  Please go play and snuggle
with some now!  You deserve a vacation!!!  Thank you again for all your
time, expense, and effort.

Signed your neighbor in Arizona who had to leave her ferrets with a
sitter for 4-months while I temporarily worked & lived in California
in 1996,

Jennifer Becker