From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 09:47:33 -0400
Swheat Scoop: we remember when that was being developed.  Unless it has
changed DO be wary of it if you have a family member who is allergic to
the pollens of grasses.  We wound up with quite a situation in our
household for that reason.

We won't use clumping litters; too much hazard if one gets a face in, has
a prolapse at some time, etc.

Make sure the climb-in ball has enough ventilation if rolled over.  I
think that the most of the newer ones do but there were some asphixiation
deaths in a few very loving homes early on when such playthings were
first being developed.

I hope this makes enough sense.  I had 4 hours of sleep last night and am
about to hit the hay again if I get a chance; otherwise I'll crash this
afternoon.  (My stupid GYN office was trying to send ME the prescription
fax for my ultrasound and follow-up mammo instead of the imaging place.
And, no, don't worry because such follow-ups are not at all unusual for
me but usually turn out to be fine in me.  Hey, after 35 it's all
maintenance.)

Sukie
Good info in the links:
http://tingilinde.typepad.com/starstuff/2004/05/supporting_the_.html
I know pretty much all care about the service people and their families
and want to help if they just can find out how to do that so those links
in the article are ones to check out because you can help them have
books, food, phone calls, and more needed things.  If you have a business
and can hire a disabled vet for an opening, please, do so.  (One thing
now being done as a grass roots thing around here to say "I object to
this war while supporting the troops" is to use two dollar bills in
purchases and tips; banks supply these bills on request and they
actually are incredibly handy for small purchases and tips.)