Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:00:06 -0700
Hi all!

I just had to comment about the "flaming" issue that Ed brought up.  It is
necessary to have a moderator.  Ed should understand this.  Feelings can
get hurt and slander can run rampant when there is no moderator.  I
strongly feel that this board should be limited to "all things ferrety"
and that this board is a great source and wealth of information.  I do
not enjoy sifting through posts about Charmin toilet paper or false
information.  If I am looking for comedy, there are several other chat
rooms I can go to for it where this type of stuff is appreciated.  I am not
saying that this board should be stuffy or just about diseases, etc...but
certainly should not have to siff through tons of non-ferrety garbage.  I
left the last place I was at because there were too many slanderous posts,
bashing and also racism, plus tons of unrelated information.  Let's keep
this board for its intended use...education and sharing of methods for
raising ferrets.  This board has been a great source of information, let's
keep it that way.  I can recommend a great place for jokes to be posted, if
anybody is interested.

Happy Ferreting!

[Moderator's note: This list is indeed moderated.  Had I known Ed's post
about a 3-legged ferret was a hoax written only as the delivery vehicle
of a poor pun, I wouldn't have posted it.  Should such posts continue I
will deal with Ed -- though off-list.  BIG]