From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:49:05 -0400
'Hi Friends - Blossom here,

Well we have some not so wonderful news and some better news today.
Not so wonderful is that One of our elder hospice kids Crackers at St
Gregory's House , left for rainbow bridge on Friday. Crackers was a
gorgeous dark sable ( late alter boy) who found himself homeless four
years ago. He arrived at the shelter with his brother and Agatha at
Ferretstock. There were no empty cages at the shelter and Agatha has a
biting problem, so hospice Momma Judy took all three over to St
Gregory's! Crackers has been sad since his brother Hamish left for
rainbow bridge over a year ago. He had Agatha Raisin for company who is
missing him now, but he missed Hamish terribly since he left. Back to
Crackers . and has ever since. I guess the boys is playing together
now! Momma Judy fed Crackers 2 dishes of soup on Thursday and he
strolled and played a tad on then he lost control of his back legs.
On Friday he wanted no more to eat, so Momma Judy took him to see Dr
George - he was supposed to be having a lupron shot but Dr George found
Crackers had some serious troubles. He had big lumps and bumps Momma
says under his liver and other organs and so hospice Momma Judy held
Crackers forever. She told him about all his friends and Hamish who
were waiting for him at Rainbow Bridge, she told him it was alright to
go, that one day we would all meet and party together. Then softly with
the help of Dr George he peacefully lept to Rainbow Bridge. Gosh that
makes 3 kids left St Gregory's in just a short time.

Meanwhile back here at the shelter, things are pretty good, Dad
shortchanged us on treats while Momma was away for a few days
delivering Melatonin to the elder kids in Maine..She gpot to meet Dr
Alan Toothaker in Ellsworth who looks after Marshall , Sox Tanner &
Neko ion Southwest Harbor too!

On to the better news is Our boy Nestle is a year older. He had a nice
party with Mom and we all got invited to watch too. There were n bones
for all! There were NINE birthday cards for Nestle, some drawn pictures
and he received some TF treats and foamy fries! Then when Momma
returned home there were 2 more cards so we all got treats AGAIN! Way
to go Nestle! What a popular guy!

The air cleaning system died last month and the folks were scrambling
to try and get it working again. This system has had numerous problems,
was replaced but it did not stand the test of shelter work - not like
the original one.. So they folks decided to ditch it. A very kind new
shelter friend offered to send funds to help obtain a new unit in
tribute to her 3 ferrets. SO THANK YOU Nancy! The new system is here
and working well!

Also there are new foster grandparent pages made. We hope that Robert
D. gets them linked to the shelter site soon, but you can access them
direct by going to: http://www.earlysunrisefineart.com/page41.html

Momma and shelter Dad were very pleased to see so many friends at the
MAFF RenFaire Oct 15. They sold bunches of stuff- then donated more
stuff to MAFF and to SOS so they would not have to move it back! Funny
Humans... we would have tunneled in it no need to give it away!
Meanwhile the NH Flood Ferrets have taken up temporary shelter at St
Gregory's house- they are still homeless with their family due to the
floods back in late Spring. Their house was torn down and only the
footings have been put in place. All the human kids are in homes
scattered across Manchester while the Mom is in the cold in the camper
to make sure no one steals the building materials. We are all PRAYING
the ferrets and their family are in their house by the Holidays.. pray
with us okay? Meanwhile Bling and Rascal are doing great with the
middle agers at St Gregory's house. They have learned to like Mom
Judy's soup!

Meanwhile Momma is cleaning out here getting ready for Fall and
Thanksgiving she has bunches of neat Holiday gifting things on ebay
like mugs, tee shirts and more ! you can check those things out at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZcreativekolor

I gotta take a nap i have had a long day and need to get rested for out
TV Timer the Animal Planet thing is kind of fun!- I actually saw Nestle
watching it too!,

Friendly licks from
Blossom, spokesferret
www.ferretwise.org