From:
Latisha R Clouse <[log in to unmask]> [IA]
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:26:43 -0700
I am posting this is sadness.

I live in southeast Iowa, and have a ferret available for adoption.  She
is an albino MF female.  She was found by a couple who's dogs were barking
at something in the back yard.  Well this little thing came to me and has
livened up.  They took her to the local animal shelter, but they don't take
ferrets.  The animal shelter has my name just in case this would happen.
She appears to only be about 5 months old.  She is very small and was very
thin.  She has started to gain some weight.

First of all a question for all.  Should I get her vaccinated the full 3
vac since we can obviously tell that she is still very young, or should I
only get one done for her since it is possible that her careless, stupid
owners who lost her to begin with gave her a shot or 2.  I know that since
she is from MF, she has had at least 1 shot.  I will have whatever she
needs taken care of before she goes.  She has become a sweet and human
trusting ferret, but the only reason I am trying to find a new home for her
is that my boys pick on her.  I don't know why, they have gotten along with
every other kit or older ferret that has been brought in, but not her.
She is a cuddler, she loves to give kisses and run and play.  I just do
not have the option to give her the run and play time that she needs.  This
breaks my heart to have to find a new home for her, but i think God was
watching out for her.  Those dogs could have killed her, but they just
barked and let their owners know that there was something different outside
that needed help.  Please email me at [log in to unmask] if you are
interested or have answers for me.

Also, just a question on rabies vaccine, does it have to be imrab3?  My vet
that treats them for distemper and check ups is willing to order it for me,
but wonders if rabvac3 will do.  That is the rabies vaccination he has for
cats and dogs.  Thank you for all your answers in advance.  It would be
greatly appreciated.

Latisha and my 7 fuzzies

"B'cause he lives, we can face tomorrow"