From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:20:12 -0600
I am sad to report that I have lost two of my preciouses in the recent
past.  Bulldog, my main man, got so sick, so fast.  He got operated on
for a tumor, but only lived a day afterwards.  Poor little man.  I wish
I had done something for him sooner, but it seemed like it was only about
a week when the symptoms happened.  He went very quietly, in my lap.  My
husband didn't even believe Bulldog was gone.

It was awful.  I know I am glad that he just slipped away like that,
instead of sufferring.  It was like he just went to sleep and kept going.
But I had lost our tiny angel, Missy Ki, just about a month prior.
Missy, (AKA Sissy), did not go as easily.  Poor little thing.  She never
complained.  Her diet got picky, but she ate what I brought.  She was so
old.  I had been tempting her with about everything.  She would eat (meat
based) baby food one day, and then different ferret food with chicken
broth or chicken gravy the next.  I couldn't complain about her
pickiness.  I was just glad she would eat.  Then one night it was just
all down hill and over.

Now both my babies are over the Rainbow Bridge and left me behind.  I
know that's silly to say, but I miss them so much.

I have three guys left.  Seems strange to not have Sissy, a quarter
their size, just kicking their butts, but that's the way it is.

I am happy that my two oldest, Simon and Dobby, (two of the first
three who came home with us) are still here.  They aren't the same
full-of-energy guys Every day, but most often so.  And we love our
new addition, Cracker too.  He only been here about a year.

Thank God for ferrivite.  Those guys wouldn't have a vitamin suppliment
in their faces any other way.  And I'm happy with the vet who operated
on Bulldog.  We live in the boondocks and were lucky to find someone so
interested and excited to have more experience.  Dr. has had training,
but we aren't covered in ferrets around here.  And the doc was so tender
and careful with my babies.  He's good to the guys too.  I have put the
sympathy he and his office ladies sent me into my "Happy" box, because
it was so thoughtful of them to care.

I don't get to read every edition here, but I get to quite often and it
is nice to hear from everyone about how their babies are doing, or new
ideas, and I have to say, I like to hear about the stuff for sale.

I am learning to sew, but I can't get the hang of hammocks.  So having an
alternative to a long drive and an overpriced item is nice.  So thanks
for that too, guys.

When Sis died, that was incredibly hard on me.  My husband too.  Even
though she had been poorly for a while.  It was awful.  I took a homemade
(large) jewelry box that some fella made for me many years ago and etched
her name and all on it and we buried her in the back yard.  I feel for
any kid who goes out there unaware, because it is obvious that it is a
little grave.  Then my main man left me too.  Poor Bulldog.  He was so
obviously hurting that last day, I couldn't wish for him to stay.  He
just wanted me to hold him.  He had his meds, but still, he wasn't
feeling well at all.  I think the operation was too much for his heart,
after he had lost so much weight.  And I do really mean that he lost a
ton in about a week.  But he was our sweet guy.  A smarty pants.  Life
isn't the same without him.  He is by Sissy now.

But I like to think of him being in Heaven.  They gotta let such charming
animals in there, don't they?  Not even in Animal Heaven.  In with the
people, because my little guys really like to enjoy people.

That's enough for me.  I had wanted to say something to memorialize my
sweethearts for some time now, but couldn't really talk or write about it
until now.

I've had many pets, but only a few who I bonded with and my ferrets are
some of them.

I've enlarged their play area, gotten more bedding so its easier to
change and wash, (they get so perterbed when I have all their bedding in
the dryer.  They decide its time to climb back into the cage and go to
bed, even if its not their normal time).  More toys.  I'm trying to get
them to eat a better standard of food but they are so stubborn.

I want to keep them as healthy as possibly and happy as possible and
here as long as possible.  They deserve it.  They've given me years of
happiness and are always happy to climb all over me or get in my purse
and take off with my favorite pen or one of the remotes. :-)

It takes so little to make them happy.  When I shampoo the living room
carpet, (their play area), they go nuts.  Something clean to rub all
over! :-)

Thanks for listening,
Vee and Family, Cracker, Dobby and Simon