From:
Linda Proulx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:56:42 -0400
I was hoping not to have to post something like this for a while.
Wednesday morning a little boy name Skatter crossed over the bridge.
He was about 5-6 years old.  He had very advanced insulinoma.  He had
adrenal and insulinoma surgery last year and was fine for a few months
but started having crashes again.  He came into the shelter with his
cage mate Skitter who is still with us.  When they came to us they were
both green.  We tried adopting them out but it did not work out.  After
this I decided to keep them as my personal ferrets.  They were being fed
rabbit food when they came in.  After much love and being on a better
food he really picked up.  He would get along with any ferret we put him
with.  He loved his chicken gravy.

Bianca went to the bridge sometime Thursday morning.  She leaves behind a
very sad cage mate and an even sadder mommy.  Bianca was blind and had
adrenal tumors.  She had surgery but never grew her hair back.  When
she came in she had a cyst on her back that was the size of a golfball.
Bianca was one of the most kissiest ferret we have had.  She had an
obsession for me.  She would bite my fleas and lick my eyes and just go
absolutely nuts when she would hear me.  She didn't do this with anyone
else except me.  I could not move two inches without her being right on
my heels.  It seems so quiet without her now.

Sandee please look for these two babies.  Tell them that I miss them and
love them very, very, very, very, very much and my heart is just broken
into a million little pieces.

Linda and the furry ones
Dook-N-Dance Ferret Shelter
www.dook-n-dance.org