From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:43:55 EST
Petco has two gigantic white male ferrets 4 sale that loved being
cuddled.  If anyone is in the Mt.Prospect area in Illinois, they are at
1018 Mt. Prospect Rd.  847-590-5446.  They are $90, down from $120.

They have apparently been to multiple homes, and then back to a Petco
store, then dumped at this store.  They are full grown, maybe 7 months or
more in age, and I would think they were whole males by their size.  But
they do not have that particular odor. :-)  They have Marshalls markings
on the ear.

The young man who showed them to me is playing with them, and they had
food and water.  He had just trimmed their nails and given them a bath.
They are not biters, or in any terrible plight.

I just do not see white ferrets with red/pink eyes...maybe twice my whole
life.  And I have never seen a Marshalls ferret this big.  So if anyone
has been looking...there are two really gentle white giants at this
store.

I am seeing SO many ferrets not selling, or being returned, and hearing
the story of the returned ferrets from every store I get to over the last
year as I see all of these full grown ferrets in these small enclosures.
I wish I could take them all home.

I am not trying to detract anyone from finding a ferret around here at a
shelter.  Please consider going there.

But I thought someone out there might be really looking for just this
combo of ferret.  These jumbo white guys with red/pink eyes were really
sweetie pies.  They were heavy, big boned, chubby, and long.  They just
melted into my arms when I held them, and did not try to wiggle away as
I pet them and held them..we all know how unusual that is...

I am always drawn to the malnourished, neglected, skin and bones, long
snouted weasel that no one wants, that usually has a "biting problem"
like Coco.  Coco is just another sable stick with a narrow snout and a
biting problem...no special markings.  No one else would keep her.

Every time I pick her up my heart tugs at me..even when she bites me.  I
just have this quietly wild feeling for her.

If there is someone who feels that way about Large White Male Ferrets
with pink eyes...please come and get these guys.  These big boys were
unusual mellow lovable dudes.