From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:08:42 -0500
As you folks know, six and a half year old 'Chopper the organic helicopter
came very close to dying of ECE last year, and has since had a serious
problem with absorbing nutrients, so that she is slowly melting away even
with daily AD.

After my recent mention about this people let me know about enzymes to help.
The Catch 22 is that the TLI test is cat and dog specific, so we would be
giving pancreatic enzymes to an individual whose blood work is normal and
has given no indication of pancreatic damage -- leaving the question whether
such a treatment would possibly damage her pancreas.

At some point we would have to just plain try anything, of course, but she's
not there yet so any treatment which can work might have a better chance if
we start before there's no other choice.  What we need now is to hear from
those who have tried Viocase in ferrets to find out how much was given,
whether the individual had trouble with the pancreas before treatment,
whether the individual had trouble with the pancreas afterward, dosages,
etc.  PLEASE, HELP US IF YOU CAN, AND IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO MAY HAVE
INFO, PLEASE, PASS ON THE QUESTION!  There is not much info out there so we
need to compile what we can.  The reason we are investigating this option is
because a dear FML friend wrote about excellent results with it for this
situation, but that's only one case and we don't have particulars on it,
yet, to know if it's an option.

Sukie