From:
Amy and Jim Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:23:04 -0500
Well, we had quite a bit of snow in MA the other night.  My usual 35
minute drive ended up taking 2.5 hours.  The last hour was spent stuck in
the middle of the road 20 yards from my house.  Now that's frustrating.

We pushed and shoveled and pushed and shoveled, no luck.  I got this
idea...went to my garage, grabbed a bag of Stove Chow, sprinkled a path
to my house and drove right home.  This same bag of Stove Chow saved three
other stranded cars that night...my hero!

Anyway -- not ferrety but ferret litter related.  So here's a tip, keep a
bag of Stove Chow in your trunk, if you don't use it on the road, you can
use it in your litter box.  Not only does it weight your car down a bit,
it also makes for great traction and is probably cheaper than an equivalent
amount of Ice Melt.  However, it will be interesting to see what the street
looks like when the snow finally melts -- Uuugh.

PS -- sorry to be wasting litter at a time of shortages!

Dooks
Amy