Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:34:46 -0700
I posted a while back about my ferret wasting and a bunch of people gave
me advice and i took the little guy in for a fecal.  well, had to send
results out for lab testing but the doctor said it wasn't coccidia but
looked like a yeast infection based on the shape and look of the cells.
And he saw active cell-budding like it was a really bad infection.  Has
anyone ever dealt or heard of this?  it was new to him and i can't find
anything online.

Besides that, he thinks my little guy has a mass in his abdomen near
liver, around kidneys, maybe interacting with bowels(causing diarrhea
or infection)and gave him a poor prognosis.  Besides diarrhea, no
other recent clinical signs or change in attitude.  He's too weak for
exploratory surgery now and i worry constantly since the vet told me
that.  What's next?  2nd opinion?  ultrasound?

scott, frantic(getting better), & nosy