From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:38:07 -0500
I completely agree.  Sterling and Pandora, who used to really pounce on
and wrestle with Jasmin, have taken to playing with him very gently over
the past month or so.  I didn't know why until he got somewhat bad and I
took him to the vet last week, only to find out he has insulinoma.  What
amazes me is that I've been told that lots of physical activity will
aggravate insulinoma, lowering glucose levels even further; somehow the
ferrets knew he was sick before we did, AND they somehow knew to play
gently with him.  They are very intuitive, truly amazing animals.

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin