From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:54:57 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled car-key cachers...

(Hehehehehe!  He won't be able to go to work today, so he'll have to stay
here and play with US! :))

Can anyone tell that most of my "RE" appear to have nothing whatsoever to
do with the original thread?  Some of these "topics" are just too good to
pass by! :)

As for ferrets and sleep, well, its like this.  When you take care of
ferrets on your own, you don't get the sleep you need...EVER!  I
currently have three play shifts.  When I get up in the morning, the
first shift (Jessica and Ghost) get out to play.  They immediately begin
the 'race here!  race there!  race over there!' thing.  Snacks must be
dispensed immediately, too, or they don't let me leave for work!

When I get home, first shift goes in and second shift comes out.  Being
the 'kids' group, they get more playtime than the third shift.  This is
also the largest of the three groups (Bump, Butch, Chewy, Rhun and
Sundance).  They get at least three to four hours out every day (though
on rare occasions they may get less then three hours, it is a generul
that at least three hours per day are allotted to them).  They all
immediately go check out the snack stations for Ghost and Jessica (who
rarely eat all of the snacks put out for them).  They then proceed to
chase each other, me, the cat, imaginary and invisible 'friends' and
other assorted things.  After a time, they settle down and start doing
their little broadway reviews (I especially like watching them all do
the 'can-can' thing), made their own little recorded CDs and watching
television.

Finally, third shift gets out (Add-A-Kiss, Dancer, Hershey and
Spazzie-Girl) to play.  I usually let Hershey and Add-A-Kiss (cagemates)
out first, so that Hershey can make the rounds of the house and I give
Add-A-Kiss (98 years old, according to the Guiness [beer] book of
records) her supplements.  On average, they get out about 10 minutes
earlier than Spazzie and Dancer.  After Spazzie and Dancer get out, all
pandemonium breaks loose!  Spazzie immediately begins to thrash, dance,
sing, drive small automobiles, etc., then she hunts down Add-A-Kiss and
begins teasing her (Add-A-Kiss *always* wins, but Spazzie never learns!).
Dancer must be plopped into a litter box immediately.  Once finished, she
trots off to see what Spazzie has gotten into.  Hershey hides (mostly).
Again, I try to see that they get at least 3 hours to play...sometimes
they get up to 6, though.

When its all added up, all three shifts combined get about 28 hours of
playtime per day.  Of course, they lives NO time for me to get any sleep!
Therefore, I've petitioned the great timekeeper for an additional 12
hours per day, so that I can get the rest I need.  Anyone wishing to sign
that petition can do so (to my benefit, of course!), but don't let your
ferrets know about it...they'll want to use that extra time for more
play!

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]