From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 19:35:32 -0600
We went to see "The Return of the Jedi" last night.  Given the havoc they
can create, Ewoks are obviously just overgrown ferrets that have lost their
tails!

Also, the dreaded ferret math has struck again.  Kurt was just saying that 8
was a nice number of ferrets to have, and we wouldn't get anymore until we
lost one.  Well, guess what!  On our way back from dinner Friday night, we
stopped at a pet store and fell in love with what they claimed was a five
month old female.  Quite a big girl, almost three pounds, a sable mitt with
an almost entirely white face, and very sweet.  Not hardly a biter at all.
This ferret had been bought previously by a family with a four year old
child and returned because the ferret and the child did not get along.
Well, we took "her" home, and were trying to find a name, when Kurt
investigated and discovered that "she" was really a "he"!  Guess you can't
believe pet stores.  Anyway, please welcome Toccata to the Petersen zoo.  He
is already in with our other ferrets, and seems to be adapting real well.
He does not like loud noises, and when we tried to show him to some kids in
the pet store, he was extremely unhappy.  Obviously some bad experiences
with the four year old.  But he is a real sweeetheart of a ferret, so I'm
glad we adopted him.

Sara and Kurt and the Nine! fuzzies