From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:28:24 -0400
Hi and dooks to all,

Finny has his big vet visit tomorrow...he's gained enough strength and
weight now that I think he will be able to integrate with the other guys,
but I'd like to get him checked for ear mites to make sure the meds I've
been giving him have worked, if not he can get a shot of Ivermectin, and
make sure he didn't pick up any kind of intestinal critter while out on
the street.  He is still weak slightly in his hind end, like when turning
corners and such he'll lose his balance a bit, so I want to discuss with
the doc the possibility of an underlying insulinoma or such also, and get
his first distemper shot.  Wish my little kissy-face smoocher some luck
today, OK?  I would especially like to ask Sir HARLEY to pass on some of
his luck and strength...Randy I read your posts avidly but usually just
don't have the time to e-mail you with well wishes, but that is SOME ferret
you've got there...way to go on pulling through such intense surgeries big
guy...

Someone posted on here a while back about steps to take before going in to
the vet for blood glucose monitoring and what to do before having the blood
sample....thank you as I will take your advice in the morning and limit
Finny's food tonight...as in sorry big guy no Gravy before bedtime
tonight...that was a very good post to prevent false highs on the BG's...
just wanted to say thanks!

Good luck to all those anxiously awaiting test results on their fuzzies
this week.....

Michele & the 8-iz-enuff crew