Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 11:04:21 -0700
While I wasn't seeking an argument about which was better, Kibble or
Natural, I would like to thank Dr. Kemmerer, Mr. Church and Amy (and
Stephanie) for responding to my post.  I'm not a big fan of feeding
processed food to anyone.  Though, to be fair, sometimes I just have to
have a Big Mac!  :) What I was hoping for were some suggestions from
people who feed a natural diet or even just supplement a kibble diet
with natural foods on what kinds of things they feed, how they switched
if their fuzz were imprinted on kibble, and some suggestions for my baby
with Insulinoma & IBD.

In my opinion, (just an opinion), something processed under high heat
and pressure, made with leftover parts, bound together with grain
products that are undigestible by ferrets, and usually preserved with
chemicals, does not even sound palatable let alone healthy.  Of course,
my babies love it! :)

While there are many theories about what causes the various endocrine
deseases in ferrets, and humans and everything, as far as I know, there
is no definitive cause for Adrenal, or Insulinoma or all the other
'nomas.

I have no control over the fact that my babies were altered at too early
of an age, but I do have control over the environment they now live in,
including their nutrition.  I do believe that including whole prey foods
in their diet is healthier then just feeding kibble.  I just wanted some
hints on how to convince the kids they might like meat once in awhile.

Lisa, Frank, Pikachu, Godiva and Timmy