From:
kirsten drew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 16:46:59 -0700
>I would like to know if anyone has used advantage cat flea control on
>ferrets?

Hi there Fuzzy Lovers \''/

I have three fuzzy friends that are currently on advantage due to the fact
that one of my ferrets is highly allergic to them now.  I buy one vial a
month and put one drop on the back of each of their necks and thats it.
They are fine for the whole month.  I usually can get more that one dose
out of each vial.

Let us know if you decide to use it,  and how it works for you.
Flealess in Seattle \''/  I couldnt resist.
Kirsten
Kitty
Lynus
Pumba

Also, here in the Washington area there is an awful flu bug going around.
The symptoms for the ferrets are: Lethargic, Throwing up, ICKY diareah (sp)
coughing, sore throats .  My house has recently been stricken and also a
friends house with her 4.  I have not experianced any throwing up, but my
friend has, and he was taken to the vet.  Given antibiotics and something to
make him stop heaving.  (poor baby) -- Just through the rumor mill there
have been a lot of reported cases to vets in the area and a few ferrets have
been hospitalized.  Mine seem to be doing fine, just some loose stools, I am
keeping a close watch to make sure that all is well.  If anything comes up,
I will be sure to let everyone know.

Is there anyone else here in the WA area that is having this problem?
Besides you Jessi) If so can you please post with the methods that you are
using to help your babies.  Currently we are using a lot of pedilyte and
some duck soup.  I dont think that they will go back to regular TF after
this \''/

Thanks for the info in advance
The three bibas appreciate you \''/