From:
carol kinnikin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:56:33 -0600
Because of this wonderful weather we are having (I'm in OK), our bug
problem is still in effect.  We were looking for a safe way to control ants
also.  If you know where they are getting in, try mixing a little yeast
with either honey, maple syrup, or molasses in a small flat dish or a
disposable plastic lid and put it where they are coming in.  The ants are
attracted to the sweet stuff while the yeast is not as easily digestable,
so they die with their little ant bellies full!  I'm not sure if ferrets
can digest yeast (if anyone knows please post), but at least there are no
pesticides in it.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could have just one good
freeze here in the Texoma region!  Give Dervish a cheerio for us.

Carol & and the fantastic four
Skeeter, Spanky, Cara Mia & Babou

PS.  I want to thank Matthew from Kozy Kingdom Ferret Rescue for my latest
additions everyone is exremely happy, and I'll be back after the holidays
for #5!