Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 03:07:50 -0600
Last weekend i had the misfortune of losing 2 dogs.  1 was in heat, and the
other followed her partner in crime.  They were gone for 4 days, and the
reason we found them was because of their i.d.  tags.  So today i started
thinking... sheesh what happens if one of my babies get out?  That could be
a real bad thing *shiver*

So i went to walmart and bought some small cat collars..  the kind with the
elastic strip in them so they dont choke or anything.  some of the collars
there had bells, but they wanted $1 more for them... so i went and looked in
the craft section.  they had packs of 100 bells for .89!  I bought 5
collars, and a pack of tiny cow bells... put the bells on the collar, then
tried to figure out what id do for identification.  I dug around in the junk
drawer and found some embroidery floss, and used it to sew their names right
into the collar!  Each ferret has a different color collar, a bell so i can
hear them, their name and phone #.  Now i realize that this wont always work
cuz 1 already figured out how to get it off... BUT they just night stay on
if an emergency happens.  I REALLY think everyone should put some kind of id
on their ferrets.  If youre fuzzy is wearing a collar, ppl that have never
seen ferrets will know that this is someones pet... and maybe (hopefully)
not be too scared to pick it up and look at the collar.

(Me) ok guys, you really need to wear these nice purty necklaces!
(Sparkle) gotta run backwards... gotta get this off... NOW!
(Slinky) hey whats this new toy jingly thing on me mom?
(Casper) AWWW MAN! THIS SUCKS!
(Annie) if you give me some ferretone, i promise to sit still so you can
        put it on!
(Kayrola) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!