From:
Helen Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 1994 17:46:14 -0400
Hello,

To this question I would defently reply Yes. I haven't
got a lot experince in more than one ferret but I had this
beauty for 4 years now and she knows her name and me very
well. I even tested her by calling another name using
the same tone but she wouldn't go for that. At one time
when I was going away for a three months long trip I left her
with my parents. The first week she was sulking a lot refused
to let neither of my parents touching her but then after a
while she settled down, so I actually thought she'd forgotten
about me and that fellt a little bit sad. But when I got home
she went mad, she was jumping all over me and she wouldn't leave
my side and when it was time to go back to our own place she
sat down on my bags and the look she gave was saying " Don't
you dare leaving without me" She is not only recognizing me
also people she meet more often and since she is a little bit
of a biter this is easy to tell, she never bites people she knows
and of course likes.

One last thing, about ferrets eyesight, many times I've heard
that it's not bery good but there's been a few times when I
doubt this. Like once I'd put up a new poster while my ferret
was asleep and when she got up she took her normal route from
bed to litter box when she suddenly stoppes and looks up the
wall at the new poster and I know she noticed that that wasn't
there before.

Bye for now

Helen & Wilma