From:
Skyla Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 20:59:52 -0500
2 ferrets came into the shelter this weekend and should be available for
adoption this week:

One is a male, chocolate sable.  A little shy and very thin but looks to be
in otherwise good health.  Timid at first but didn't nip when I held him.
He looks to be in the 1-2 yr old range judging by the cleanliness of his
teeth.  Doesn't seem to eat anything but Marshall food.  (which worries me
because the shelter doesn't use it--when his runs out...?)

The other is a beautiful little blaze/mitt sprite.  Not sure of the age but
I'd guess she's also no more than 2--probably younger but that's just my
hunch.  She is probably deaf--not that it's easy to tell, but I tried
making noises to get her attention and no response.  Plus, she seems
totally nonchalant and undisturbed by the shelter environment the way the
deaf kids can be.  She's very friendly and made no attempt to nip when
handled.

Please help these sweet creatures find a good home before the holidays!

But remember, do not try to adopt a ferret to give as a gift.  Not only is
it just a bad idea in general to give someone an unexpected pet, but the
shelter will not allow it.

skyla