From:
Crys Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:18:31 -0600
I wanted to thanks Mr. and Mrs. Groninga of West Valley Wuzzles in Phoenix,
AZ for showing us around their shelter and intruducing us to their
wonderful gang of fuzzies.  They have some adorable adoptees that are in
need of home.  We really would have liked to bring Snowball, an albino,
back with us:)

For those of you in Oklahoma City that have a place in your hearts for cats
as well as ferrets, I have a plea for you.  In November, a cat showed up in
my parent's garage in a very pitiful state.  She had been beaten and
starved.  She was so malnourished that she had lost most of her fur.  She
is missing a good number of teeth.  My mother said that she just held her
and cried when she found her.

Mom nursed her for several weeks, and she was in fairly good condition when
I visited.  She has grown back most of her fur, and is gaining weight.  She
still has some digestive problems as a result of long--term starvation, but
they are dissapating.  She is a calico, and very loving.  She loves to have
her belly rubbed.  She has a birth defect that left her with only two toes
on her front right paw.  My parents have dubbed her "Two-toes" or just
"Toes." The vet as given her a clean bill of health given the
circumstances.  She tested free of FIV and Feline Leukemia.  She has had
her shots, but is not to be spayed until she has had more time to recover.

My parents can't keep her, because they already have four cats, a dog, a
cockatiel, etc... They would like to, however, as she is a sweet cat.

She does not like small places, will not use a covered cat-box, and prefers
to stay on the back of a couch where she feels safe.  She is rather timid.
Since she stays to herself and up high, I think she would do well in a
ferret-family.  She would need to be indoors most of the time.  If anyone
is interested in her, please contact me and I will put you in touch with my
mother.  They live near Moore, OK, but still within OKC limits.

Thank you for your time...

Crystal Christian
Communications/Indian Studies
http://www2.polarcomm.com/ ~tandb
Our weezils, they wuzzle, and fall down a lot!