Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2011 00:25:31 -0700
Just let the ferrets out for playtime and noticed that Pan, my five
year old ferret, has a reddish purple and swollen round "knot" right
where his penis is. When I apply slight pressure he doesn't wince and
there's no blood, discharge. Yesterday I did notice it looked SLIGHTLY
pinkish down there when he was laying on his back on my lap but it
definitely didn't look like this.

Anyone have a clue what this could be? Could it be he possible caught
himself on something or got bit "down there"? Or could it be some sort
of growth? He's acting perfectly fine, playing, bouncing around like
always. Here's a pic
http://www.ferretocious.com/pan/pan102911.jpg

Pan's around five and a half and so far has had no health issues. Hate
to think something's going on now

Laura

[P.S.] Just thought of something re: Pan

Pan has a VERY oily coat and tends to be a very itchy ferret. I'm
thinking it's possible that he scratched himself "down there". I will
be taking him in to vet this weekend if I can get an appointment. Just
want to see if any of you have had ferrets with similar symptoms?

Laura