Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 01:03:21 -0400
Hi FML!  Some of you who have been around forever may remember me.  I
used to be owned by Percy, Bree, Popcorn, Graham and others.  Sadly I
have been ferretless for several years, so I've lost touch with my
contacts in the ferret community.

I have a friend of a friend situation where the man's 6 year old ferret
has been losing weight.  He is getting very worried.  My first reaction
is to suspect Insulinoma and am printing out all the information I can
find for him (he doesn't have internet access), and am suggesting he go
down to see Dr. Weiss.  However, he still needs a local vet.  Are there
any good new ferret vets in the Newark, DE area these days?  I used to
go to Dr. Ksaizek, but it takes days to get an appointment even in a
semi-emergency, and the prices are ridiculous since the practice turned
VCA.

This guy is a super pet owner who really cares about his animals (I know
him through a dog contact), but someone gave him some stupid advice about
ferrets not being able to take medicine because they are allergic to all
of it!  So this poor ferret has been going without veterinary care
because he thought there wasn't any hope for him anyway.  *groan* Really
makes you appreciate the information available online, doesn't it?

Please email me offlist at [log in to unmask]  I'm not an FML member
and won't see onlist replies.

Thanks for any help!

Nancy

-----