Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:12:32 -0400
We among many people were glad to have any part of the DMK rescue- and
thank God for the many folks that did anything to help get the ferrets
out of the horror show for which they barely lived.

They knew nothing of love or anything but an 8" x 18" dirty, rusty wire
cage hell holes in which were shared with many others. That song with
the rescue video still makes me cry 5 years later-some sadness & some
joy....

We drove over 10 hours round trip that day to meet up with Susan in NY
to bring these survivors to our home where a few shelter folks waited
till after midnite to see these kids and to make space in their homes
for the unknown. (Bless you Susann Thiel for giving them a chance to
move onto their new lives )

After things got settled - we decided to keep the 2 sable male
cagemates and the Single male sable. They became Taylor, Dylan &
Harley.. From that day foreward we taught them it was ok to step out of
a cage onto a nice wood & carpet floor-and that over time they did not
have to defend themselves from our hands with a bloody bite as they
learned to become pet ferrets and all 3 eventually became cagemates
in the following months.. Yes- the defensive eyes and actions slowly
dissolved with love & much patience and LOTS of Ferretone, plenty of
fresh water and endless food and treats .

These kids lived on for a few years with us loving life and they even
went camping a few times but eventually one by one passed away. We
also had the opportunity a few years ago -to take in 2 more former DMK
ferrets that needed another home so Bear Bear (he was a face biter ) &
Mocha (she has one eye) came to live with us & are still with us today.
They all have a special place in our hearts - always will.

Rose & Bob German