From:
Sue Kocher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 19:00:30 EET
Maria wrote:

>I have been hearing more talk on collars and shrinking.  When ever I
>bought a (nylon) collar for a pet, I pre-shrank it before fitting the
>animal...  It was my mother's idea.

Well, Maria, your mother's on her toes.  There's only one problem: as far as
I know, nylon does not shrink in the laundry.  (Did yours?) The woven nylon
collars we have been talking about "shrink" because when the ferret
scratches at it (and they scratch often, as we know) the fibers snag and
bunch up.  The collar gets tighter and tighter, and suddenly you notice that
that frayed collar you just bought a couple of weeks ago is TIGHT.

I'd just avoid them if I were you.

Sue Kocher  <[log in to unmask]>