From:
Sharon McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:26:14 -0500
Well..  We added a New addition to Our Family.  He a 5 months old Sable
boy named Rocky.  I saw him in the Pet Store.  When I was checking him
to see if he was a Boy or a Girl, I noticed that his Penis was Horribly
ripped Open and looked like it was infected.  I went to the store manager
and told them that The little boy needed Help and showed her the problem.
She assured me that He would be looked at.  I went in there 3 days later
because I couldnt get him out of my mind.  He was still there and looking
worse.  I brought it to the Other Store Managers Attention and asked him
to discount him for me and I will buy him and take him to the vet the
next day.  He looked at him and said that as a Pet Store Manager he can
not sell me an animal with a problem, it wouldnt be right and under no
circumstance ws he going to be sold until he was checked by a vet.  I
left my name and Number and asked him to call me when he was looked at.
Mind you he was really crappy about it and I had a feeling he wasnt going
to do a thing and that this boy was either going to be killed or left
there to get a life threatening infection.  So I sent my Sister In Law
into the store the next morning and they sold him to her No Questions
asked!  Still ripped open, Still infected looking!  He went to Dr. Kim
the same day and He got Surgery on Friday to Sew his little penis back up.
(Yvonne DeCarlo took pictures)  Hes doing great and he is in his Forever
Home!  Needless to say There is another ferret there she is a Red Eyed
albino.  Been there for over a Year.  Shes a biter and probably destined
to be there her whole life unless someone gets her.  If anyone has room
for a Biter in their Home.  She is at the Nutley Pet Emporium on
Washington Ave. in Belleville, NJ.  This store is very clean and looks
like they care, But Now I know better!  I'd take her too but with paying
for the Boy and his surgery I am tapped out.  Also, I am up to 5 ferrets
and thats my limit.  If anyone picks her up, Please let me know, Since I
will no longer step foot into that store!!

Rgds
Sharon McLaughlin-Gilliss
Princess, Mystic, Crystal, Galooch and Rocky
Missing Woobie more than words can say...