From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 22:26:08 -0500
Well, the heartworm test is back on our foster ferret, and the news is
good - the test is negative.  And, the critter has gained four ounces in
the last week.  I tell ya', folks, this is one special, dancing woozle -
and gonna make a good pet for someone, if we can't find the original owner.

To Lucy's Mom: Tell your husband that Lucy needs a playmate to distract her
and help keep her out of trouble!  (Have you taught Lucy to come to a signal,
like a squeaky toy, or shaking a cookie box?  Doesn't matter where my 4 are,
or how soundly asleep, the sound of rattled cheerios has them all "front and
center" in 5 seconds flat!)

Re: Collars - I've tried collars on mine, but they were always getting the
danglies hung up in the cage mesh - I CAN NOT keep them from climbing the
outside!  I did not want them getting hung/hurt, and gave up on the collars.
So, they now have only one room to run free in, and they wear their
harnesses everywhere "outside."

Re: Cuddly Question - I have 4 ferrets, 2 male & 2 female.  The girls will
seek me out and claim my lap for a cuddle, and stay put until they've
finished their nap or until I get tired of sitting still and shoo them away.
(They usually win!) The boys will lay down next to me, but seldom in my lap
unless I insist.

Re: Tub Pooper - Most of mine have done this - I've learned to give baths
AFTER they've just used the pan.  I think it's the temperature difference
between the air and the water that causes the pooping - the warmer water
causing the muscles to relax.  I've also noticed, the warmer the air in the
bath room, the less likely they are to mess the tub.  (I just don't want
them getting over heated OR chilled!  - talk about careful compromise!  <G>)

Blessings,
Carla & the Woozlemaniacs
Litje, Turlough, Gaoth and Quidni + "Foster Ferret"
(aw, Mom, if it's a Ferret Club, how come we can't go?  If you haven't
noticed, after all, we ARE ferrets!)