From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:19:39 -0500
I have been on the FML for around 15 years. Ed has been around for most
of that time, it seems. He posts for a while and then disappears for a
few years. Then, he pops up again! I think he enjoys getting a rise out
of people, and as you can see, he's good at it. We always see the newer
folks walk right into his trap! LOL And, no one ever forgets him.

The funnny thing about it is that I tend to skim his (and several
others) posts but once the controversy starts, I begin reading his
posts more closely. So, you are all unwittingly increasing his
readership. :)

BUT-------that being said, there is a LOT of knowledge and good
information in what he says. If you will allow yourself to get past
his graphic and somewhat "sick" descriptions (again, he seems to enjoy
stirring things up), you might learn something. He has many, many years
of experience with ferrets and can teach all of us a thing or two. He's
very unconventional and we don't have to agree with all he says or all
of his methods, but there is some good information in what he says. Try
to read it with an open mind and leave your emotions out of it.

And, to repeat Vickie's very good advice from yesterday........I agree
that I also skip certain people's rambling, wordy, indecipherable
posts. I am here for information and tend to skip all the cutesey
stuff, and the medical terminology that I wonder if even a DVM or MD
could understand. It's called skimming......

from Vickie:
>My advice to those who get soooo worked up when reading posts from
>certain FML posters is to try what I do. I scroll down through the
>daily FML and if I see someone's name in the "From" who I know I don't
>want/need/care to read I just keep on scrolling down. And there are
>several who regularly post here who I really don't care/need to read,
>some who post ludicrous stuff - sorry just don't have the time - and
>some who post just because they think they are so important they have
>to let everyone else know just how important they are, etc, etc, etc -
>nuff said. My theory is if you really have something important to
>post, then post it, just don't post a book about it. Maybe those
>posters could be limited to only one post per day? <BEG> My bad....

Enjoy reading Ed's posts. Soon he will disappear, only to reappear in
a few months or years.................

Katharine
Florida