From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:13:15 -0500
Just remember - if you buy a good quality cage from someone like Martin's
Cages, it is a long-term investment.  The two-level New Englander can
house separate groups of ferrets on each level or ferrets can have a run
of the full cage.  Since it is two parts, the upper level can be removed,
clean the lower level, switch ferrets to the clean level, and clean the
upper level.  Not to mention it is lighter and easier to carry the
smaller halves.  In case of emergency, the ferrets can be transported in
the upper level or use the upper level for shows.

I have ceramic tiles on the wire upper-level floor.  I got a box of them
for $5 from Home depot.  Three tiles cover most of the level.  I wipe
them down once a week with water.

I have crock-lock bowls.  They can be dug, but not dumped.  I have 4, one
for water, one for food and the other pair to wash.  I run them through
the dishwasher.

The cage and bowls are close to 5 years old and show no signs of needed
replacements.

Nan and Jubal and Early