From:
Jamie Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:33:06 EDT
Hello,
My husband and I are moving from WA state to FL at the end of August and are
planning on driving and sightseeing along the way.  It will be about a two
week ordeal in an un-air conditioned car and I do not want to risk trying
to bring the ferrets with us (in the car).  I had the perfect answer to my
problem when my parents volunteered to hand carry them back(they will be
visiting soon) on the airplane with them.  I called TWA and arranged the
whole thing.  The lady I spoke with assured me that there was no problem
(even though I was suspicious when she did not even know what a ferret was!)
and that was that.  Or so I thought.  TWA called my parents yesterday and
told them that since Ferrets were part of the RODENT family (can you believe
this!) that the only way they would ship them is in cargo.  NO WAY!!!!  I
will not ship my babies cargo in the middle of hot August.  I am really
worried for the safety of my kids.  I am also having to send my 2 dogs and
2 cats home airbound.  I was just wondering if anyone could give me some
advice on airlines they have had good and bad experiences with, so I can
think about what to do.  I figure that if I complain to TWA I am probably
just going to waste my time.  For now the best that I can come up with is to
try and get my critters on a night flight (straight through preferably) and
hope and pray for the best.  I've used Delta before to ship my dogs and cats
and they arrived at our destination in very good shape.  I just hate to
think of my babies in an unpressurized cargo hold!  I would really
appreciate any input on this.  Thank you, Jamie and the ZOO!