From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:21:23 -0700
I have been feeding Totally Ferret, both active and senior and some 8
in 1 UltiMATE ( not Ultrablend) exclusively for several years.  Then
recently one of my old ferrets, Gizmo, had kidney failure and I tried a
lower protein food, Sheppard and Greene senior formula.  He went to the
bridge so I was trying to use up the leftover food by putting just about
1/8 of it in with the TF mix.  Three of the males kept having mushy,
sometimes stinky poops.  Vet visits, fecal checks, antibiotic (Albon) did
nothing.  Then I got to thinking about when this started, and that was
when I started adding the other food.  I took out all the S & G food by
examining the mix on a plate.  Within two days they were back to normal!
There is much more corn in the S & G formula.  I will never use it again.

Carol O.