From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 22:23:36 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was busy dusting de
cottage when all of a sudden she heard a knock at de door. She ran to
open de door. Too late, de door opened and in flew Dexter, the little
boy courier, with a note in his paw. SaraFerret picked herself off de
floor where she she was tossed when the door opened on her. Dexter
said,

"Gee whiz, SawaFewwet, everytimes I come here, you are laying awound or
something. I has a note from de Boss. A fewwet is cwossing de Bwidge.
You know how de Boss gets when you is so slow like you are. Is there
anything you want me to do."

I just took de note and read it and sent Dexter on his way back to
courier camp. I knew dat boy was never gonna change. I managed to shake
myself clear from being tossed and I ran to de entrance. I saw a fuzzy
waiting at de entrance looking kinda confused so I quickly introduced
myself.

"Hi, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering and you will run on green grass forever. You will have
lotsa friends and play games and have fun and have no worries."

He looked at me with a lopsided grin and said, "Well that sounds nice.
I don't know anyone here at all. I had a friend on earth named Buddy,
but I guess he didn't get to come with me. I just went to sleep and
then I was here. My other people couldn't take care of me so they left
me with this nice person named Scott. Do you know Scott? Will you be
my friend? I did have fun while I was there with him, but I got tired
so quick. Do you have any way to keep me from getting tired so quick?
Oh yes, my name is Prince, sorry I should have introduced myself."

"Hmmm," I replied. "I don't believe I know Scott. But I do have a nice
group of fuzzies for you to stay with until I can check out the log
book to find the proper place for you to stay. Buddy's time on earth
is not yet over so he decided he should stay with Scott and keep him
company. Of course I will continue to be your friend. As for that tired
feeling, you are just suffering from the effects of coming across the
bridge. That should soon leave you and you will be bouncing around with
the rest of us. And I have a couple of surprises for you. You are gonna
get a pair of wings just like mine except yours will be special, so you
can fly about de heavens. It beats hopping from cloud to cloud."

So Prince began to perk up a bit and we trotted down de path to de Wing
House where de wings were stored. We opened de door and on de counter
was a big box marked "Prince".

He opened de box and took out de wings--Hot pink with silver streak. Ah
just perfect for a fuzzy who had just crossed. I helped him put on de
wings and adjusted his halo. Den he ran to de big vanity mirror and
gazed at his reflection. He turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Scott
and Buddy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down another path to de Misting Pond. We
sat down beside de cool clear water and with one swish he saw a vision
of Scott and his friend Buddy appear.

He started waving and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you. Thank you for taking me in. You gave me a wonderful few
days. I will remember them. You were so good to me. Take good care of
Buddy. I miss him."

Den he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of his
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should get dis it should have landed dere. And
with another swish de vision was gone.

We went down de road and all of a sudden we met a group of fuzzies who
said dey were from Father Nature's Cottage. Dey were carrying a banner
that read "Welcome To The Bridge Prince. "How did they know I was
coming?" Prince asked. "Oh we has our ways." I replied. We went toward
the cottage where you could hear music playing and fuzzies scurryin
towards it. We opened de door and Mercy! Food was laid out. Chocolate
ice cream, m&m's, pepsis, sweet iced tea, all those things that had
been forbidden on earth. Prince was just in awe of it all. Everyone
came over to hug him. He started to dance up a storm. Hey I even danced
for a while. I didn't do too bad for an old gal. But soon I wore out.

I could see he was having such fun, so I gave him a hug and said my
good byes to all. Prince was now at his new forever home.

So ended another day at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter