From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:33:39 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

Today we indulged in a bit of ferret math.  A new girl has come to live
with us, to be our forever weasel.  Her name is Lily, and her people
didn't want her anymore.  I can't imagine why, she is a long, elegant
sable with a great deal of spirit and curiosity.  Her people, well, they
kept her in filthy wood chips, and gave her away to strangers at their
yard sale.  They tried to feed her rabbit pellets.  I don't think that
they deserved to have her.

Risa, an FML member, brought Lily to our house today.  Risa and I are
hoping that Lily and Switch will become friends now that Sabrina the
Bat-Biter has made her trip across the bridge.  Lily never really had a
friend before, she was an only weasel for her whole life, more than three
years.  Switch has never been alone before, she always had Sabrina.

Imagine.  Lily has NEVER been part of a warm, dreaming ferret pile.  Not
since she was a kit.  I'm waiting to see that happen for her.  Switch is
not ready for that, just yet.  Switch has been willing to share her dryer
vent hose, her giant box of packing peanuts, and her cardboard tube.  She
has let Lily explore the cage she and Sabrina shared, and sniff their
hammie.  She has played tag and chase with Lily, and 'Diving for Packing
Peanuts' in the giant cardboard box.  But that is all.  Switch has chosen
to sleep alone, tonight.  I'm waiting, waiting to see a pile of weasels
curled up together.  It will happen.  And Lily's whole world will change,
forever.  She won't be alone, anymore.

Alexandra in Massachusetts
Thank you again, Risa!