Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 15:11:48 -0700

Samantha, that story was tear jerking, except I'm not quite sure I like
the fact that the poor little rescues aren't "restored to youth and
made healthy again", until the rescuer shows up. Now, obviously, I
haven't gone to the bridge myself yet (or I couldn't be writing
this!!), but the rendition I'm familiar with says that they are all
restored to health, the maimed made whole, etc...and their only problem
is that they miss a SPECIAL Person who had to be left behind. I don't
know about you or anyone else on this list, but to me a rescuer is the
MOST SPECIAL kind of person I've ever met. That rescuer gives that
disowned/abandoned/abused ferret as much love as they can for as long
as they can, UNCONDITIONALLY. If I were a rescued ferret who never
found a "forever" home, you can bet your fuzzy butt that I'd stand by
that bridge and wait for my rescuer to take me across, because without
her/him I would have been sitting in that meadow a whole lot sooner.
It's not the ferret's fault that he was dumped--let's not think of
them old and decrepit until we can meet with them again.

Happy thoughts, people--we need more happy thoughts:)