From:
MetroKids Magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 12:50:37 -0500
Ok, so it's not exactly a cure for the ferrets, but it does stop the mess.

After months of trying different kinds of litter pans on my 2 female
year-old ferts (you should see what they did to the triangle one-good
grief), I wanted to buy an enclosed one, but they were all too big to fit in
the cage.

We finally bought a sturdy plastic storage box, about 1 1/2' long, 1' wide,
and 8-10" high at CVS.  We cut a hole with an exacto knife half way down one
of the short sides so they can crawl in (about the same height to get over
as the cage entrance).  No matter how they try, they can't get their hind
legs up on the sides to poop outside the litter pan - (which is what they
like to do: stand in the litter pan and poop over the edge) so the poop
stays inside, where it belongs.  They don't poop out the whole because it's
not inthe corner.  My nose is so thankful.  The box came with a cover, which
I may add soon to eliminate stinkies, but I want them to get used to this
new pan first.

So, if the pet shop doesn't have what you need, try making it yourself.
Now, I would love some advice on teaching them to ride on my shoulder
instead of letting themselves plummet to the floor.

Love,
Bambi,
FRETT "heh heh, let's see how far she can get with all her innersoles in
the back of the closet.",
and (watch your toes)
SULLY- "Mmmmmmmph, it's hard to talk with your cotton ball collection in my
mouth."