From:
Anthony Steineke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:46:47 -0600
Hi!  Does anyone have any ideas on litter box training?  We noticed them
going in one particular corner yesterday and put the box there.  We also
put some feces in the box.  Well, this morning we found messes in the other
corner, so we moved the box, then they started going in the other corner
and so on ... We had some of the cat litter we use (Feline Pine) in the box
and then today we went and bought some recycled newspaper litter (which is
what they're used to) and mixed it with the Pine.  We've even tried (when
we can) putting them in the box right after they wake up and not letting
them out of their cage until they do their business, but they keep going in
the corner where the box is not!  Should we get them another box?  Even
when they seem to go in the right corner, they don't go in the box, but
beside it!  Our fuzzies will probably never have free roam of our house but
we would like to train them to the litterbox anyway.  Any suggestions in
this area would help.  Also, are there any particular treats out there that
ferrets like?  We've given them Bandits and they don't really seem to like
them.  Thanks.

Elizabeth