From:
Al Gearhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:57:59 -0400
In ref to Dr Steele's remark:  "Rabies has developed in properly vaccinated
animals, including unusual animals, especially ferrets."

I would like to quote from something that Dick Bossart wrote in his comments
on the 1995 Compedium of Animal Rabies Control ... (
http://www.acmeferret.com/infobank/bossart.htm )

"The Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta have said that there has never
been a documented case of a properly vaccinated animal developing rabies."

As anyone who has looked into the ferret rabies situation can attest, Mr.
Bossart provides well documented critiques of the of the annual Compedium
reports.  I do not believe he would include such as statement if it were not
true.  I would hope we will see his comments on the doctors statement as
well.

Al Gearhart
Daisy, Luke, Bo, & Beauty
see us at http://users.aol.com/AlGearhart/