From:
Carol-Anne Peace Schutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 20:12:12 -0600
Well, I've had 6 ferrets in slightly less than 1 yr.  My favorite and first
died a few months ago.  Here are some nicknames:

HodgePodge (oct 27,1994-sept23,1995) - Hodge, the Hodgers, HogePoge
(pronounced as if it's French), Sweetheart, You Sweet Adorable Thing

Portnoy - Port, Ow!! (he's a biter, pretty bad too. I have a blue bruise on
my thumb right now from him), Portapotty, Portly, Chunky Monkey (b/c he has
a small tire around the middle), TelePort, Sport

Fleurette (our oldest, a lovely silver mitt, 3 1/2 yrs old) - Old Lady, You
Beautiful Lovely Lady, Road Kill (b/c she's all flat when she wakes up, w/
her fur mussed and grumpy eyes), Acid Girl (she has a wonderfully acid
personality), Fleurry, and Poor Thing! (b/c she had a tough time w/ ECE and
lost muscle mass, so she falls down alot)

Lucy - Lucy Goosey, Lu Lu, Sweetie, Thank You For the Kisses (a real nose
kisser, also loves to groom my left eyebrow - go figure)

Oscar - Potato (shaped like one), Spud (little potato), Stanley Spudowski,
Osc, Crazy, Wanna Play?

Hazel - Witch Hazel, Black Lightning (she's black, and she goes really
fast), Open Mouth (for some reason, her mouth is open about 80% of the
time), Are You Awake Again?  (not so many for Hazel, b/c she's new)

Traveled from WI to GA in one day, 16 hrs w/ my husband and 5 ferrets in
the car.  Ferrets are *so easy* to travel with!  It was a real joy to have
them along.  Oscar enjoyed it when we'd drive under an overpass.  Lucy was
offended at being in the carrier and stared folornly at whoever was being
passenger.  Fleurette was offended too, and glared daggers at us (typical
for her, she glares daggers at your ankles whenever things aren't going her
way - ROTFL!)

        Carol-Anne