From:
"Todd J. Lorenc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 22:50:13 -0500
Well Santa was very nice to our lone ferret and I.  I had been begging my
wife for two months to get Al the Albino a playmate (we've only had Al, our
very first fert for three months).  Well she finally got sick on me begging
and told me that the magic date was March 1st, she wanted to get used to
being owned by a ferret.  During the days leading up to X-mas it only
briefly crossed my mind that she may get me one for X-mas, but I immediately
dismissed since she was so adamantly against it.  Boy was I wrong!  While my
wife and I were at my parents she had her parents drop off the new one at
our apartment.  When we got home a 2 am (after midnight mass) I had a very
excellent surprise!

We have decided to name him Taz the Spaz Bob.  Taz is totally the opposite
in behavior than Al.  If you remember I posted his intro a couple of weeks
ago and complained that he slept so much, well Bob doesn't seem to sleep
much at all!  Taz has put some spring in Al's step.  Also, we had no
integration problems!  What a relief!  For all those out there who said that
having two ferts isn't much more work that one must be out of their mind ;-)
Taz has really, really kept us on our toes!  Taz is a 3 month old MF male
fert.  He was purchased at a pet store, but my wife spent alot of time
calling the local contacts and animal shelters.  We don't have a fert
shelter within about 3 hours.  That would have made it very difficult for my
wife to pull this off.

A question: According to the papers we got he has had three vaccinations and
is due for his fourth in a couple of weeks.  When I called the pet store to
verify which ones he had, they said they were all distemper shots.  I
mentioned that they usually only got three, she said that the fourth is
optional depending on the vet.  Have you heard of giving four?

We also got the brochure that MF gives with their ferts.  Boy was there some
interesting comments in there.  I will post another time about that though.

For now,

Todd, Joanne
Al (let me sleep)
Taz the Spaz Bob (get up or I'll bite your ear!)