Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:48:24 -0500
>I think I'd rather have vets and physicians writing laws and briefs than
>lawyers attempting to legislate medicine.  Either approach is asking for
>trouble, though.
>
>What is it with the hubris of this age that so many people figure that
>they know more about a topic than the people who actually studied it,
>actually earned their advanced degrees, and who have actually spent
>their lives researching the field?

I am assuming this post was in reference to the bill that is trying to
be passed in Maine.  That bill is about vets giving all the information
to their clients, not on what the vaccination protocols should be.  I
think that is a good thing.  Let's not confuse this issue.  Just like
when getting a new medication all the possible side affects (even the
very very very remote ones) are disclosed to you, so should all available
information be disclosed regarding vaccinations, not just the information
the "experts" think you should have.  What is with this age?  It's called
being proactive in your choices.  I personally want all the information
available even if it goes against the choices I have made.  For how can
I make an informed decision without all the information available?

Again, this is not about how often to vaccinate,it's about making sure
people get all the information, which I think is a very good thing
indeed.

  ~Amy~