From:
Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:51:49 -0500
Howdy, all!

I've gotta kind of odd question -- or story, rather, after which a question
will follow:

About a week or so, my two ferrets -- Tripod Bob and Lily -- were out
cavorting and just hamming it up.  Wardances, wrestling, and dooking all
over the place.  After about a couple of hours, Bob decided he'd like to
curl up in my lap for a quick nap (about five minutes).  Now this may not
seem strange in and of itself, but I must share history:

I have not heard a dook from Lily since she was about six months old (she's
over seven now) and very rarely would she actually stoop to play with me;
usually I'd get that look that said "You, again?  Whaddya want now?"  Bob
was more vocal and enjoyed playing -- but nowhere near the level that he's
at now.  Neither of them EVER napped in my lap.  And to top it all off:
until about a week ago, they HATED each other (lots of squeals and hisses
-- not dookies).

Now they are always playing and both have slept in my lap -- on separate
occasions, mind you.  I'm not complaining about this change of events; I
think it's fantastic, actually.  But I'm wondering: why the attitude
adjustment?!!  The only thing I can think of is that our little girl
Socrates (OK, I admit that I thought she was a boy when I got her) crossed
the Bridge about a month ago -- but I certainly hope that they are not
rejoicing.

Has anyone else experienced a radical change such as this?  Should I seek
professional help for my babies?  ;)

-- Andy (the fuzz-deficient one), Tripod Bob, & Lily