From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 22:08:24 -0500
Hi there!

There is much to say but I am going to limit this to only two questions.  I
have seen and heard about some pretty great toys for ferrets here on the
FML.  Most, but not all are toys that you have to buy.  I would like to hear
from people who make toys for their fuzzies.  We have bought 4" PVC piping,
cut it in 2 foot lengths, connected them with Ts and elbows (the best toy
there is in our fuzzies eyes) but again this cost money.  We have also taken
cardboard boxes and cut holes in them and some of them go crazy playing in
these.  One thing we have to watch is that not all fuzzies are allowed to
play with it because one of them eats cardboard.  Grocery bags are popular
but again we have to watch one in particular because she eats plastic.
There are a few things made of material but we have to watch again because
one little fella chews on a certain type of cloth.  Squeeky toys are famous
but they cost money and a few of them chew them and I am afraid that some of
the rubber/plastic will be ingested.  There is a lightweight hard plastic
ball with a bell inside that is very popular.  We bought it one time when we
were in Michigan and since then we were never able to find another one.
This is one item we wish we had more of and just cannot find.  Bells on a
string are fun but they can so easily cut a fuzzies face or paws.  There is
limited interest in empty toilet paper rolls and empty paper towel rolls.
Can you help us out?  Except for the tunnels and the bags, our fuzzies need
something to break some of the boredom.  Thanks a heap.

We have a fuzzy that is about 6 months old.  She does not dook.  Her mother
is a good role model because she dooks a lot.  She is not deaf.  We have
another fuzzy that is just a few months older and he certainly does his
share of dooking.  How old are they when they start this activity?  Does
anyone have any ideas as to why she might not be doing this very common
thing?

Cam and Teresa Miller, owned by Bud the Stud, Jasper, Mookie, Scooter,
Snoopy, Josie, Benji, Nikki, Sara, Sadie, BJ, and Tawny (the dog). What a
zoo!

Tryntje Miller                   Net:[log in to unmask]
Conrad Grebel College Library    Tel: (519) 885-0220 ext. 239
Waterloo, Ontario                Fax: (519) 885-0014
N2L 3G6