Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:52:31 -0400
Thanks Sukie for the links to information on ferrets as service
animals. I've passed them on to the board of the Ferret Rescue Society
of Ottawa and Area as well as the animal behaviorist who did the
evaluation of Frances ferret Gyno (the behaviorist also uses ferrets
with special needs children). This information will be helpful as we
formulate an action plan to combat this stupidity.

As a former member of the FRSO board and active event organizer, I've
met Frances a number of times and can vouch for the improvement to her
freedom that Gyno has given her. I can only hope we can rally enough
support so that when it's presented at the next transit committee
meeting in mid August they will change their decision. More details
of our activities will be posted at
http://canadianferret.com/index.php?topic=285.0

Lynn