From:
Katherine Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:53:51 -0500
Just had to share the good news!  I called Animal Control last week to
inquire about the ferret bite policy in Leon County (Tallahassee) Florida.
They said it was the same as cats and dogs.  The State health department has
recommended the quarantine period but allows the individual county health
departments to have a stricter policy, if desired.  So, it took me a while
to get up my nerve to call.

Saturday, I was in a pet store playing with the ferrets (of course) and
telling one of the employees about the Leon Co.  bite policy.  Well, in
comes a uniformed animal control officer (off duty, with his children).  He
walked up and, out of the clear blue, said "You know, about 30 days ago, we
implemented a quarantine period for when these little fellas bite someone."
YAY!  That absolutely confirmed it for me!