From:
Hillary Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:20:10 -0400
Someone recently posted this URL to the FML (actually, the URL they posted
was not correct, but I found the relevant info on my own ;)). I checked
into it, and wrote to their contact person....

----begin wisc.edu response to my email-----

----end wisc.edu response to my email----

----begin my email to wisc.edu----
>Hi. I am greatly concerned re: the documentation at the above mentioned
>website. It states that the domestic ferret (mustela putorius furo) is a
>WILD animal that attacks babies in cribs. This is not true, mustela
>putorius furo has been domesticated for about 2000 years! Furthermore, the
>"attacks infants" thing is an old wives' tale, just like cats sucking
>babies' breath. I'm disappointed to see this on an academic site. Please
>advise about any corrective action you may be taking. Thanks!
>
>Hillary Gorman
-----end my mail to wisc.edu----

Just thought y'all would be interested.

h.