From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:34:41 -0600
Hey Ya'll,

Since there are so many new folks on this list lately I thought I would talk
about myself again.  Besides, you know it if a favorite subject of mine.  ;-)

I have been on the list since late late 1995 when I just had my first two
fuzzies, Stan and Ollie.  Since then I started the Houston Area Ferret
Association, got seperated, moved to Missouri to go to school at the
suggestion of a friend and got divorced.  In the process I worked my way not
so slowly up to 23 ferrets.

I am a 40 year old Southern Broad of Celtic descent who speaks her mind, has
a warped and wicked sense of humor (that not everyone likes) and I love my
fuzzies.  I am an English major taking off a semester and had a brief
association with anthropology.  Those folks are just too serious for my
tastes, no good sense of humor.  Too slow on the uptake.  I aspire towards
satire and make do with sarcasm.  This is so you understand how I write and
not to take things wrong.  It is an easy thing to do when you don't laugh at
the same things I do.  I also wear my heart on my sleeve and have little to
hide about myself.  So be prepared.

They have their own room.  A lot of them are rescues, a lot are store bought
Marshall Farms.  All of them are healthy and happy.  I basically have two
groups, one with my disabled ferrets and one with the heathens.  I have all
colors, private breeders ferrets, Canadian ferrets and who knows what
ferrets.  I have dealt with deaf ferrets, blind ferrets, missing feet
ferrets, and then them 2 brain cell boy ferrets.  I went through the wringer
with ECE in 1996 and almost lost my Stanley.

I am in the process of starting a club here with a newsletter.  Yes folks,
it nevers dies with me, I love doing newsletters too much.  I also have my
own mail list, mostly FML folk, that is filled with broads, bawdy humor and
ferret tales.  Warning I am also stubborn and quick to speak my mind when
angry.

I don't mind answering the same questions over and over again to new folks,
I believe that is what this list is for.  I also try not to judge folks by
how they look or what they feed.  It isn't my place.  I judge solely on how
much they love their ferrets.  That is the really only important thang.

Now some personal messages, I have lost addy's due to my recent computer
woes.

Bubbles--I am glad you had a good trip to the Howdershell clinic.  Please
tell your human to write me again, I have a question about what kind of
food such a big girl eats!!

Cray--I am glad the surgeries went well.  I do think about your babies
often and would like an update.  Please write me.

Mo' Maggie, the Mad Mid-Missouri Celt