From:
AMY ME CADA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 1994 13:05:38 -0600
Debra
The PhenylPhenol/Lysol issue looks pretty good but I have a question.
I assume the LD50 is in g/kg body weight?  Also, rats are NOTORIOUS
for being able to tolerate high doses of toxins.  An average rat is about
0.5 kg and an average ferret is about 1.0 kg.  What is the toxicity
level in cats?  I am going to try and call up Sigma Chemicals today and
find out if that data exists.
Also, is phenylphenol cumulative?  I don't know how it is metabolized
or if it is poorly excreted, how long does it take?  I do know the
original cautions put out for cats weren't because cats were drinking
Lysol out of the bottle....hmm!
will get back to you if I find out more info.

Amy Cada